11/17/2014 - Back to regular Elder Rybin missionary life



Hey family! 

Time is slipping through my fingers.  Its hitting me more and more often, but since we are so busy it doesn't really give me the time to think about it.  This week was pretty great we had time to teach a lot.  Actually its this week that zone conferences start.  on Thursday and Friday here in Benin and then next week Thursday and Friday in Togo.  This week is going to be fairly busy.  Tomorrow we are going to the border to pick up Elder Merritt and Elder Baker.  I don’t know if you remember them but they came with my group.  They are both going home just a few weeks before the rest of us though, mainly because Elder Merritt is in the military and has to report.  It’s going to be weird to pick them up and say goodbye since we came together. 

More good news.  I haven't had any more kidney stone related pains.  Everything feels fine.  I have been taking it easy meaning that I have stopped playing soccer with the others in the street in front of our apartment or during activities.  And things like that.  I don't know if that's too cautious or not but I figure I want to finish on December 9th more than I want to play soccer for three weeks.  

Elder Amoah is from Ghana.  I really like him.  he is so happy all the time.  And he is a good cook.  lifesaver in the apartment. 

Yep, I'm "training" someone.  I'm sorry I didn't mention this but we've been together for maybe 2 or 3 weeks.  His name is Elder Merrill.  He is from Herriman Utah.  He has been out on his mission for 10 months now.  Young buck but a great guy.  We have similar families. We were just talking about this like 2 seconds ago.  He rides 4 wheelers and dirt bikes, plays lacrosse and hockey.  It's been fun to get to know him better.  And also nice to have another set of hands around to share the load. 

I'm super excited for AF football. There is a missionary here in the bureau, Elder Oliverson who played football for Bingham.  I hope they kill them.  Haha.  

Thanks so much!  I love you all!!!
Elder Rybin