9/22/2014 - Benin shopping


Hey Family!

this was a great week!

Things that I can get [to bring home]: little wooden statues of just about anything African, cool wooden carvings of just about anything, bowls, paintings, jewelry (lots of necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc), purses, bags, aprons, traditional pagnes material, nativity sets, wooden boxes, leather boxes, and stuff like that. so that should give you a few ideas. just tell me what you think and i'll do my best.  for me i probably am going to need some money on my card to buy some of this stuff.  and i guess it depends on all that you want mostly.  for me i don't need that much.  to give you kind of some general prices, everything is negotiable so these are ball parks. and the conversion is general rule take off three 0s and times by 2  --  so 1000 is 2 bucks.  10000 is 20 bucks.  and all these things will depend on size and coolness but nativity 8000- 20000, wooden animals 1000-3000 apiece, necklaces 1000-1500, bracelets 1000, aprons 2000, paintings 2000- as big and cool as you want.  wow this is getting complicated. me, i could take like 40 bucks which would be around 20000 cfa.  then whatever you guys want.  

ok enough talk.  i heard Nate [Barlow] came home.  wow.  this week was great.  Elder Bulunga is awesome.  i'm going to learn a lot being with him.  i am really excited for these last couple months, i'm really happy. 
happy birthday nathan and emma!!! you guys are awesome.  tell me stuff you want.  it will help me.  

i'm sorry most of my letter was business but i've got to go now.  
sorry but loves you All!
Elder Rybin